Wednesday, December 19, 2007

"I've Had it Goin' On Since Before You Were in GrrAnimals!"


If you ask me, Bea Arthur's awesomeness is one of life's constants. Okay, I'll concede that her look is a little Whatever Happened to Baby Jane? here, but how can you not be charmed by this SATC spoof, which also stars Charlotte Rae (Mrs. Garrett!), Katherine Helmond (Mona!), Sally Struthers, and a very special guest? These ladies are not senior citizens--they're "classics." And classic beauty is not about beating back wrinkles. It's about owning your hard-earned, kick-ass confidence. Bea certainly knows how to work hers.

Here's a bonus for all you diehards: Happy Holidays, Star Wars-style! "It's odd. I've gotten so many letters and requests for autographed photos from that thing," says Bea. "I just remember singing to bunch of people with funny heads."

No comments: