Thursday, October 25, 2007

Trista Diets, Milla Binges: Yo-Yo-ing Moms are So Hot Right Now

Remember Trista Sutter? Yeah, we thought her 15 minutes were over, too. But it seems that even D-list reality celebs can come out of the woodwork to appear on the cover of Us Weekly--if they have a juicy baby weight loss story to tell. Trista says she feels "totally disgusted" with her "blubbery" belly. “When I fit into my size 26 Hudson jeans, then I’ll be happy.” And her Prince Charming husband Ryan is sooo supportive and awesome. "If I eat something that I shouldn’t, Ryan shakes his finger at me and says, ‘Uh, uh, uh!’" says Trista. Ugh, ugh, ugh. We're betting on a follow-up mommy makeover story in January. Trista will be out of those dowdy sweatpants and showing off her new "sexy" body. Can't wait. [Us Weekly]

Then there's Milla. According to the British glossy Grazia, the pregnant model recently got a hankering for some bone marrow, so she scoured all of Paris for a leg of cow, sliced it in half, scooped out the good stuff, and slathered it on a slice of bread. Carnivorous! Fabulous!

"As an actress and model, I lived on cigarettes and coffee, and jet-lag tended to kill off any appetite I had." She says pregnancy has opened up a world of yummy feasting opportunities.


"My diet for most of this year has been - for breakfast, four eggs with bacon, toast and butter, if I was at home. Then if I was at a diner, I'd have a Mexican omelette, a stack of pancakes and strawberry milkshake. I'd stuff myself with cookies all morning - whatever was in the cupboard really - then I'd have a box of Krispy Kreme doughnuts for dessert. And I once ate two whole packs of coffee cake in one sitting!" [Guardian]

We're inclined to say that Mistress Katinka has the right attitude. Hearty meals beat coffee and cigarettes, we'll give her that. We also love that she's not blathering on about baby weight. However,
this new research showing connections between pregnancy and binge eating disorder got us a little worried about those doughnut and cookie rampages. For some women who have lived most of their lives as undereaters, pregnancy can feel like a free pass. Add to that the general stress of growing a baby and you've got a recipe for compulsive overeating. Hopefully Milla enjoys lots of normal, healthy chowing down as a new mommy. We definitely don't want her going back on the model diet.

As for Trista, if she's looking for happiness in size 26 jeans, she's got a rude awakening coming to her in about, oh, eight weeks.

No comments: