Friday, December 11, 2009

In Your Words: What Children Can Teach Us About Healthy Body Image

There's no doubt that the body changes of pregnancy and motherhood can lead to a lot of insecurities. But we also talked to women who found that the process of becoming a mother helped to give them a whole new positive perspective on their bodies.

"A really healing thing has happened with my daughter. When I see her--I call her naked baby because she loves being naked--it's amazing to see her body. She's growing into my body shape. I love it so much in her. It's just making me accept it more in me."
--Lisa, 35, quoted in Does This Pregnancy Make Me Look Fat?

How about you? Have you had a moment of body image wisdom as a mom or mom-to-be?

Sign the Healthy Beauty Pledge
| Follow us on Twitter | Become a fan on Facebook

No comments: