Thursday, May 29, 2008

Happy Birthday to Karin Collins, Creator of SpoonFed Art

Karin Collins started making collages as part of her recovery from an eating disorder. In 2004, she turned those collages into a full-fledged jewelry business called SpoonFed Art.

"With eating disorders in particular, talking through the issues sometimes isn't enough, and art opens up a whole new channel for the person to express themselves," Karin said in an interview with Yahoo. "I know that my creativity was stifled by the eating disorder, as were many other parts of myself, and it was freeing to be able to tap into it, and to realize that I was 'creating' my life in every minute."

Karin is doing a giveaway in honor of her birthday, so if you head over to her website and join her mailing list before the end of the month, you'll be automatically entered to win one of her pendants. Enjoy that well-decorated cake, Karin.

No comments: